- 0:00 - The entrance into something new and wonderful while holding on to the greatness before it. Go on. Feel it. Cherish it. Relish dead Hedwig's theme (Sorry. Yes, I went there)
- It's never too late to start anew. Days become night and the dawn of the next day. Remember the things that make you proud of yourself and carry it with you to tomorrow
- 0:39 - A noticeable drop in tone takes us out of wonder and into a foreboding and dangerous road. Whether we're remembering a particular dangerous road we've crossed before or are looking at one in the distance that we'll have to face, the music does remind us that dangerous roads are ahead. Who knows? You may not be able to see them yet. Just know they're there
- Like Rafiki (from The Lion King said), "Oh yes, the past can hurt, but you can either run from it, or learn from it." So learn from it. Be ready for the next thing that may hurt, but because you prepped yourself, it'll be something you can step over instead of let trip you and roll over the edge
- 1:39 - Now let's not dwell on the ominous and foreboding. We've grown stronger now, haven't we? We've lost motivation and love and found them again, better than they were before. It's time to step back into the new and wonderful. There'll be plenty of time to face danger later
- Cherish the friends and family you've made. You earned them and their love. They know who you are and will guide you when you're not. Hold them close. Keep in touch. Knowing what's behind and ahead, there's no reason you can't tackle tomorrow with a smile and a skip in your step
How was that? Did you like it? I figured since music plays such a huge role in my life, I might as well pull my mind's curtains back and show you what I see. If you didn't like it...well. I don't know what to tell you. I'm going to keep doing it ha! Besides, what better way to start this year than with the franchise responsible for instilling me with an appreciation for books and music? (Thank you, Harry Potter.)
If you haven't noticed or been around long enough to see, my blog's look has changed. It's dark and candle-themed instead of dark and love-themed (snicker). No matter what theme this blog has, I don't think I'll ever stray away from the dark. Darkness keep me on my toes and very close to the things that have the potential to break me. As strange as it sounds, I've learned it's important to welcome dark things. They present us with challenges that can make us fall or grow, and I don't plan on falling anymore.
So darkness? I can't say you don't scare me, but I do know I won't let you scare me for long. If you can, you should do the same, reader. If you can't, at least know that darkness is there and possible to overcome.
On another note, I'm sorting through the entries in this blog, that's why this is the only entry visible. Some entries I'll keep, some I'll toss. I wanted to "clear my head" for the new year and make sure that from here on out I focus on writing about the things I'm learning, not just recording my ramblings for you to read. That's why I started writing in here, isn't it? To help you?
That's that for 2017's first entry. With everything that's happened so far, I believe it's time to stop pondering and harness the magic of personal growth into something great. What do you think? Care to join me?
Much love as always,